Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine. It is a common condition affecting a large part of population. There are different types of urinary incontinence
To learn more…
Urinary incontinence is the unintentional passing of urine. It is a common condition affecting a large part of population. There are different types of urinary incontinence:
- stress incontinence (SUI) – urine leaks out during physical efforts; for example, while coughing or laughing
- urge incontinence (UI) – urine leaks along with a sudden, strong urge to pass urine
- Overflow incontinence – urine leaks frequently and constantly since the bladder doesn’t empty completely
- Functional incontinence – a physical or mental disorder prevents the patient from passing urine in time.
- Mixed incontinence – more than one type of urinary incontinence
Urinary incontinence may occur following pregnancy and vaginal delivery, obesity, diabetes and ageing.
Lifestyle changing such as weight loss, reduced consumption of coffee and alcohol and quit smoking may help improve incontinence symptoms.
Pelvic floor exercises and bladder training are largely used to reduce incontinence episodes.
Medications and specific treatments such as posterior tibial nerve stimulation can be administered to ease urge incontinence symptoms.
Surgery is an option, especially when incontinence is secondary to urethral hypermobility and bladder prolapse.
Treating all urological conditions by using evidence-based knowledge and latest technologies.
Get in touch
Come and meet Dr Sergio or simply send him an email
Valiant Clinic Belhoul Lifecare
City Walk, 13th Street– Dubai, UAE
American Hospital Al Barsha Clinic
Galleria mall, Al Barsha – Dubai, UAE
+971 4 377 5500